Gas problem is a condition that can continue until about age of 2, especially in the first 1-3 months from birth. In addition, the gas problem that arises as a result of the baby's digestive difficulty due to the undeveloped intestinal flora, whose nutritional process in the mother's womb suddenly changes, can also be caused by genetic factors, the mother's diet in breastfed infants, the content of milk used in infants not breastfed, and the infant's diet in the supplementary food period may cause. There are some methods to comfort the baby in these situations. The important thing here is to pay attention to the fact that the methods to be applied are natural, considering that the baby is still very sensitive.
Gas Problem and Solution Recommendations in the 1-6 Month Period
Your newly born baby has a few more months to complete the development process of his intestines. In this process, the main methods that you can apply at home in order to easily overcome the gas problems experienced by almost every baby are as follows;
- Breastfeeding the baby frequently (Especially in the first month, it is recommended to be arranged for at least 15 minutes at intervals of at most one hour.)
- Rubbing the back of the baby from top to bottom, counterclockwise by laying the baby face up,
- Laying the baby's head on the shoulder, holding it in an upright position and patting it gently and from top to bottom,
- Giving clockwise abdominal massage to the baby after feeding,
- Exercise by gently pushing and pulling the baby's legs towards the tummy,
- Avoiding from gas-producing foods in the mother's diet in breastfed infants. (It is recommended to avoid foods such as chickpeas, beans, radishes, etc., especially in the first 3 months.)
- Determining the most suitable one for the baby by looking at the content of the formula milk used in babies who do not receive breast milk (You can get help from your doctor.)
Note: Although the natural methods mentioned above are mostly the solution, in cases where the mother is desperate, fennel, anise or cumin tea can be supplemented, not exceeding a teaspoon. Gas drops specially produced for babies can be used. Of course, since these will be an external food supplement, you should definitely consult your doctor before applying.
Gas Problem in Supplementary Food Period and Solution Recommendations (After 6th Month)
In this period, your baby's intestines are largely ready for food to flow from the outside. The adventure of supplementary food, in which mother-child attachment begins to decrease in the diet, is a sensitive period that should be carefully started and progressed in the same way. In this period, some suggestions to prevent gas problems by supporting the baby's digestive system or to relieve babies who have problems are as follows;
-The implementation of the 3-day rule at the start of supplementary food intake, (Starting with boiled vegetables, after each vegetable has been tried for at least 3 days, it should be observed whether there is any allergic or gas problem in the baby's body.)
-Paying attention to adequate water consumption,
-Soothing herbal tea supplements such as fennel and anise,
-Preferring light and regular meals. (Foods such as fries and grilled heavy sauces should be avoided.)
The most natural and simple solutions for gas problem, which is seen in almost all babies, are as stated above, but mothers should get advice from their doctors when they have difficulties. It should not be forgotten that this situation is normal and should be welcomed calmly because it is a temporary process.
As Pialetti.de, we care about your babies and their healthy growth. In this article, we have provided information that we think will be useful for mothers and expectant mothers. If you want to use the most natural and organic products for your babies, take a look at our site. We care about foot health. We produce organic lambskin baby shoes for your babies and offer them to you. Visit our site for more information.